The staff of Sarasota Children’s Clinic look forward to treating you and your family and hope our website helps to familiarize you with our office. We are a pediatric practice which has been in existence for 42 years specializing in the physical, emotional, and social health of children from birth through adolescence and on up to 24 years of age. We offer a broad range of service from newborn care and preventive health care with immunizations to diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses. Our promise is to be there for you and your child and to offer the very best of medical care.
We are a Pediatric Practice: we specialize in the physical, emotional and social health of children from birth through adolescence and on up to 24 years of age. Our greatest satisfaction is derived from helping children meet these needs as they progress towards adulthood. Our promise is to be there for you and your children; Our intent and purpose is to provide your family with the best medical care possible within a safe, caring and professional environment. In this regard, we are fortunate to have such a highly skilled and dedicated team of professionals helping us accomplish this goal. All are pleasant, well trained, and experienced in pediatrics as you will see, and will be only too happy to help you here in our office.
WELCOME TO THE SARASOTA CHILDREN’S CLINIC! ……WE ARE YOUR NEW PATIENT-CENTERED MEDICAL HOME
A Patient-Centered Medical Home is a medical practice that provides wrap-around medical and social care to you and your family where the most important person on the Health Care Team is YOU!
We are set up to ensure that we meet you or your child’s needs for preventive, acute, or chronic health care by using a Team approach (this includes you!) to plan, coordinate and manage all aspects of your care. You will receive support from your health care team: we can help answer your health care questions, listen to your concerns, work with other medical experts if necessary and coordinate your care through additional services. We will work together to set up an individual health plan for you, teaching you self-management skills. We will lead you through the health care delivery system and show you how to obtain needed resources and services in our community. But most important of all: we encourage you to play an active part in your own health care. We want to empower you to take responsibility for your health and give you the support that you need to succeed.
The Sarasota Children’s Clinic demonstrates its commitment to the Patient-Centered Medical Home model by implementing a Continuous Quality Improvement Program using an evidence-based systematic approach where we can work together to optimize each patient’s health goals!
SARASOTA CHILDREN’S CLINIC IS YOUR PATIENT-CENTERED MEDICAL HOME…
As your Primary Care Medical Provider, we will:
- Learn about your child, your family, life situation, and health goals and preferences. Our team will recall your health history every time you seek care and will suggest treatments that make sense for you.
- Take care of any short term illness, long-term chronic disease and you or your child’s all around well-being.
- Keep you or your child up-to-date on all vaccines and preventative screening tests.
- Connect you or your child with other members of your care teams (specialists, health coaches, etc.) and coordinate care with them as you or your child’s health needs change.
- Find appropriate behavioral help as needed (including specialists, support groups, etc.)
- Be available to you or your child, after hours, for urgent medical needs. Our regular business hours are: Monday through Friday 8 am – 6 pm, closed for lunch 12 – 1 pm. Saturdays 9 am – 12 n. We have late evening hours available on Monday and Wednesday evenings and we also have a Walk-In hour from 8 to 9 a.m. each morning. Should you require medical care outside of these hours, urgent needs can be directed to our main phone number 24 hours a day. (941) 923-3667.
- Notify you of abnormal test or imaging results in a timely manner.
- We will notify you to arrange for referrals and orders from your specialists.
- Communicate clearly so that all conditions and options are well-understood
- Listen to your questions and feelings. We will respond promptly to you and your calls in a way you understand.
- Help you make the best decisions for your care.
- Give you information about classes, support groups, or other services that can help you learn more about your condition and stay healthy.
- Help you understand your insurance options, should you be uninsured – all children deserve equal care to stay healthy, please contact our Front Desk or our Billing Department for more information.
- Expect to be treated with courtesy and respect. We appreciate your patience as we are working with children and could have unexpected delays! Our staff will notify you if we are running behind.
WE TRUST YOU, AS OUR PATIENT, TO:
- Know that you are a full partner with us in your care.
- When you join our practice, you will provide us with a complete medical history and inform us if you obtained care outside of the practice at each visit. Upon your first visit, we will have you complete new patient forms so that we may obtain all previous records you or your child may have. Any questions about this process please contact our Office Manager at (941) 923-3667.
- Come to each visit with updates on medications, dietary supplements, or remedies you are using and any questions.
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule as early as possible. Scheduled visits cancelled in under 24 hours or “no-shows” will incur no fee however patients with multiple no shows will be asked to arrange for medical care elsewhere.
- Understand your health condition and what you can do to stay as healthy as possible.
- Work with us to develop and follow a plan that is best for your health, if you have obstacles in fulfilling this plan, please discuss them fully with our staff and your provider.
- Take medications as prescribed
- Contact us, after hours, only if your issue cannot wait until the next work day. Our after hours line is for emergencies.
- If possible contact us before going to the emergency room so someone who knows your medical history can provide assistance to emergency room staff if needed.
- Agree that all health care providers in our healthcare team will receive all information related to your healthcare. It is our norm that you will be seen by the next provider available in order to have a smoother patient flow and reduce your wait time. Should you have a preference for a certain provider please let the Front Desk know so they can accommodate you if possible.
- Learn about your health insurance coverage either from your insurer, or, if you have additional questions about billing, you can contact our Billing Department manager at our main office number (941) 923-3667.
- Please contact your insurance company personally if you wish to change insurance companies and also to reply to their requests for information or coordination of benefits. The insurance companies will only speak with the insured party in these cases.
- Please respect our Medical Home facility and help us take good care of it and show your children how to be courteous
- Please respect our Medical Home facility and helps us take good care of it and please show your children how to be courteous to our staff! THANK YOU!!!!